Usually, I do not talk much about my accomplishments as a screenwriter or documentary filmmaker.
I'm more often more interested in tooting other people's horns and being a 'Team Builder' and 'Mentor' to others in the film industry, from Actors to Screenwriters and more…
But I got some good advice awhile ago and now I need my friends' help far and wide to continue in my 'personal' creative path.
As many of my friends know it costs a lot to enter screenplay competitions and film festivals. It also costs a lot to pay and editor.
This is the main reason for having this event — To raise funds for my Projects.
How The Night Will Work:
(btw, There will be Booze and Snacks)
• Welcome Address
• Live Reads of the 1st few pages of some of my screenplays and/or TV Series
• Watch and laugh (in all the wrong places) at a couple of my Student Film projects
• A couple of Speakers who may roast me or not ☺
• A finale of a film(s) that I programmed for one of the 3 film festivals where I’m the Artistic Director / Head Programmer
• Sponsored Door Prize Giveaway
• Closing Remarks
• A Nightcap, Dessert or Canapés Before Going Home
Currently, I have these projects in rotation that could benefit from your kindness:
• 3rd Degree Burn (winning awards) Crime, Drama, Thriller
• Kings of The Highway (winning awards) Drama, Thriller
• KTRS (1st draft stage) Horror, Crime, Drama, Thriller
• Ridgey’s Gotta Die (6th draft stage) Dark Comedy
• Rum and Smoke (1st draft stage) Period Drama, Comedy
• The Brothers McDonagh (winning awards) Drama, Thriller
• The Good Doctor (15th draft stage) Thriller, Crime, Drama
• The Mayfield Project (1st draft stage) SciFi, Horror
• Victor Charles (1st draft stage) Drama
• Is This The Day That I Die…?
• Pole Position
• 41 Pianos (close to picture lock)
• Aziz The Barber (In Production)
• Educating Jay (in final editing)
• Henk (in editing)
• Invisible Minority (currently shooting)
• Music In The Graveyard (working title) (funding stage)
• SideWalk Shoes
This fundraiser with friends, colleagues and supporters alike will mean so much to me if you attend and donate.
10% of the proceeds will go to fund projects around the world via https://kiva.org/
The remainder of the funds raised will help me complete and/or enter my screenplays and/or documentaries into competitions.
I will be keeping an online journal for all to see and track my progress.
Thank you and I hope to see you in November ☺